Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Battteri recycling

When I first moved to Colorado from Sweden, I was amazed there was no battery recycling. In Sweden there is a red box placed all over for you to throw the batteries in for recycling. It was such an obvious thing. For years I would throw it in the trash like most Americans do. Every time I had a knot in my stomach feeling bad for what I was doing. I found hope thou, because there are stores who offers recycling (don't ask me what they do with it after you drop it off) in your neighborhood.

Just go to the website: http://earth911.org. This website is amazing it's worth checking it out. Just plug in your zip code to find the nearest store for you. You can even find out where you can drop off your Christmas tree for recycling. Although, we always keep our Christmas tree until the next year and burn it in our fire place (On blue days). It calls recycling!

Today's tip: Store all your old batteries in a place and decide maybe once a month to go to your nearby store and recycle.

No comments: