Thursday, December 20, 2007

Indoor quality

According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, on average, Americans spend 90% of their time indoors, yet the air inside our homes and offices can be ten times more polluted than outdoor air.

A report in the New England Journal of Medicine states that 40 percent of children will develop respiratory disease, in part due to the chemicals in their homes.

Buildings consume 42% of the nation's energy, produce 40% of our landfill waste, and create 40 % of the emissions responsible for global climate change. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency

This is the reason I I'm working as an Environmental Interior Designer. I want to make a different. I hope for a better living in the future, for my children and grand children. There is hope, and we can help the environment by change our indoor quality and life expectation. Baby steps are better than nothing!




No comments: